Week 20 (19/06/2023 - 23/06/2023)

MONDAY, 19TH JUNE 2023

Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today is week 20. This is my final week as a practicum teacher. According to the document provided by the Minister of Education, I am meant to complete my practicum by June 30th, 2023; however, Puan Fatimah Salini said this morning during the assembly that next week would be a week of Hajj school holidays. As a result, this Friday will be my last day of school. I began the day with morning assembly and then arrived at 1 Cemerlang at 8 a.m. sharp. Today's theme was Spending Wisely, and students were able to complete the notes after listening to the chat and fill in the bubble map with examples of groceries you should buy by the end of the session. At 9 a.m., I had the same session with my 1 Elit students. Both classes' lessons were a lot of fun. Students from both courses agreed that rice and eggs should be purchased as groceries.


Morning assembly.

TUESDAY, 20TH JUNE 2023

This morning, I began with a thirty-minute Brain Gym activity with the students. Then, at 10.30 a.m., I had a class with 1 Cemerlang student and at 12.30 p.m., I had class with 1 Elit students. The topic of today's session was reading skills. By the end of the class, students could use a dictionary to look up the definitions of the words they were given, and they had completed a tree map depicting the distinctions between "wants" and "needs." Students in both classrooms were aware of their "wants" and "needs." Students indicated that they wanted an iPhone and that they needed access to the internet. 

                         Brain Gym session.


WEDNESDAY, 21ST JUNE 2023

Because it was Wednesday, I only had 1 Elit class from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Today was a writing class, and it was my last with these students. Students were able to compose a journal entry with paragraphs on the theme "Shopping with my mother" by the end of today's lesson, and they laid out the moral values of the experience. The journal was completed by all students. They were also discussing about the incident. I marked all of their E1 and E2 workout books. I also complimented all of the students for their participation and attention during my class review with Madam Michelle. 1 Elit, until we meet again! 

My 1 Elit students!


THURSDAY, 22ND JUNE 2023

This afternoon, I had only one Cemerlang student in class. The pupils had the identical lessons as the 1 Elit students the day before. Students were able to compose a journal entry with paragraphs on the theme "Shopping with my mother" by the end of today's lesson, and they laid out the moral values of the experience. I also marked every student's workbook. I praised the children for their time and work in assisting me in creating my YouTube video, 'Making a Healthy Egg Sandwich.' I thoroughly liked every lesson with these students. Thank you, students; I hope to see you again!


                    1 Cemerlang students


FRIDAY, 23RD JUNE 2023

Today marks the end of my time as a practicum teacher. I had no classes today, so I spent the entire day working on my lesson plans. In the office, I also meet Puan Fatimah. Puan Fatimah reviewed all of my evaluation papers and complimented me for being such a fantastic practicum teacher. In the staffroom, the teachers threw a small farewell party for me. Thank you, SMK Bayan Lepas, for the bittersweet memories! Bal, teacher, signing off!
 


Goodbye SMK Bayan Lepas!


THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY JOURNEY OVER THE LAST 20 WEEKS! GOD BLESS YOU!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 16 (22/05/2023 - 26/05/2023)

WEEK 1 (6/02/2023 - 11/02/2023)