WEEK 1 (6/02/2023 - 11/02/2023)

MONDAY, 6TH FEBRUARY 2023

Today was supposed to be the first day of my practicum session, but it was a Thaipusam public holiday. As a result, I did not report on duty today. I'm leaving tomorrow with butterflies in my stomach!


TUESDAY, 7TH FEBRUARY 2023 

Finally, it is time to report to Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bayan Lepas on the island of Pulau Pinang. I was a bundle of nerves, so I woke up early. I set my alarm for 5.20 a.m., dressed, and was out the door by 6 a.m. When I arrived at the school, security directed me to the office. I was taken to the headmistress's room in the office. I handed her all of the college's required documents and my teaching permit from Jabatan Pendidikan Pulau Pinang. Puan Fatimah Salini Binti Jaapar, the headmistress, added me to the school's Telegram group chat.

Selfie of the day!


SMK Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang


Puan Fatimah welcomed me into the telegram group

Teacher Emma then took me to the staff area. Around ten in the morning, Puan Fatimah paired me up with a fantastic mentor who also served as the head of the school's English section. Madam Michelle Lynn d/o Albonsdas is her identity. I gave Madam Michelle a complete rundown of all the guidelines for my practicum lesson. All teachers were invited to attend a Zumba class right after getting to know her. Observing how close the teachers are to one another was quite fascinating.

Zumba session with the teachers!

The teachers met to finalize the graduation ceremony details at one o'clock in the afternoon. I was called to the meeting by Teacher Michelle, and I was paired with Teacher Ozai to assist with distributing the robes to the Form 5 students. I had a good first day of school!

Meeting session

WEDNESDAY, 8TH FEBRUARY 2023

My second day of school is today. I went to Madam Michelle's English lessons with her. It was amazing to observe how she teaches her form 5 students all the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) tips. Because I had the same hairstyle as Madam Michelle, students assumed I was her child. Isn't that a coincidence? Then, Madam Michelle took me for a tour of the school's premises. The school environment was extremely tidy and clean. It was extremely verdant. 

This is Madam Michelle.

The school compound

THURSDAY, 9TH FEBRUARY 2023

All of the teachers were preparing the graduation ceremony decorations when I got to school today. We went to Bilik Seminar to pick up the graduation robes after Teacher Ozai phoned me. There were a total of 98 graduation gowns of various sizes in the space. For each form 5 class, Teacher Ozai and I were able to organize each robe by the names and sizes listed. Immediately after that, I returned to the staffroom and had a discussion with Madam Michelle about the lesson plan template I should use. She advised me to use the lesson plan provided by the school since it was easier and more comprehensible to create.

Graduation robes
 Lesson plan template

FRIDAY, 10TH FEBRUARY 2023

Today there were no lessons. The rehearsal for tomorrow's graduation was attended by all of the teachers and Form 5 students. During the morning assembly, Madam Michelle informed all students about the rehearsal. The practice ran from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm. Along with Madam Michelle, I spent the entire day attending the practice.

Morning assembly

SATURDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY 2023

Last but not least, today is graduation day for all form five students. I would like to congratulate all of the students on almost finishing secondary school and wish them luck on the SPM exam. I was driven to school today by Madam Michelle. I hurriedly walked to the school hall to assist teacher Ozai in distributing the graduation robes to each member of Form 5. All of the students had their robes on by 7.30 a.m., so I led them to their seats in a line. The ceremony started at precisely 8 a.m. Being able to observe how well-organized the event was was quite breathtaking. It was enchanted. Lunch was complimentary "ayam masak merah" for teachers. By 11 a.m., the ceremony had been completed. All of the student robes were collected by Teacher Ozai and me in the Bilik Seminar for washing. As soon as there were enough robes, we counted them all, and teacher Ozai drove me home.




Pictures of the day!

To conclude,

SWOT analysis














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 16 (22/05/2023 - 26/05/2023)

Week 20 (19/06/2023 - 23/06/2023)