WEEK 16 (22/05/2023 - 26/05/2023)

MONDAY, 22ND MAY 2023

Mirror mirror on the wall, lend me your eyes and read it all. Hello and welcome back to my blog! Today is the sixteenth week of my practicum. Since there was no assembly today, I entered 1 Cemerlang to film a video for my supervisor's review. Miss Nabira, my supervisor, requested that I record myself teaching an English lesson to the students. I chose to prepare a healthy egg sandwich meal with my 1 Cemerlang students for today's evaluation. Students first read a brochure on 5 simple steps to making a nutritious egg sandwich, and then I created the sandwich in class with them. The students were thrilled to make the sandwich. Students brought their own plates, and I prepared all of the essential components in class, including corn, scrambled eggs, wholemeal bread and tomatoes. Students were able to design a flow chart to rewrite the 5 stages for making a nutritious egg sandwich after successfully assembling the egg sandwich. I would say that the lesson piqued the kids' interest, and they remained attentive to my directions throughout the course. I went into 1 Elit immediately after the sandwich lesson to teach them about the format of their exam. The focus of today's lesson with 1 Elit students was on objective questions. I demonstrated to students how to score objective problems quickly and efficiently. It was such a good day as the students managed to answer all the objective questions correctly. 

Outfit of the day.

Slices of wholemeal bread.

Slices of tomatoes.

Cheddar cheese slices.

Scrambled egg.

Corn.

The objectives and success criteria of the evaluation.


Student's work.


Flow chart.

Brochure entitled '5 easy steps to make a healthy egg sandwich'.


TUESDAY, 23RD MAY 2023
Everyone has a bad day, and today was mine at school. It was intended to be my second mentor evaluation with one Cemerlang student. The evaluation centred on the food pyramid, for which I created a lesson plan and teaching materials for my 1 Elit students. My first class with 1 Cemerlang students focused on two different types of exam formats. The first section concentrated on objectives, and the second on error corrections. In the objective session, 29 of the 32 students from 1 Cemerlang correctly answered all of the questions. In terms of error corrections, pupils were able to identify and characterize the errors identified in the supplied material. I went to 1 Elit after 1 Cemerlang's class. Madam Michelle accompanied me to 1 Elit. I began the class with two simple riddles, and Madam Michelle complimented me on my ability to keep students' attention during the set induction. After that, I read a meal flyer to the students. For the class activity, I provided students a food pyramid on mah-jong paper and asked them to correctly classify the food categories. Students made numerous labelling errors for this section. One of the key causes of their error was a lack of schemata regarding the topic's expertise. Madam Michelle mentioned that the flow of the class was not so smooth. During the class exercise, students were just required to name two consequences of eating junk food. Students have amazing ideas for this section. Some mentioned cancer, stomachaches, while others listed diabetes and toothache. All 10 of the 23 students managed to understand, and these students were quite enthusiastic throughout the evaluation. The remaining 13 students made a few mistakes during the labelling task and acted extremely passively during my lesson.

The food pyramid.

Food flyer.



WEDNESDAY, 24TH MAY 2023

My morning began with cocuriculm activity. Since I was in charge of the School Youth Cadet uniform, I assisted teacher Izyani in teaching the members how to tie their robes in two different ways. All members of School Youth Cadet uniform learn 'Ikatan Simpul' and 'Ikatan Manuk' today. The activity took place from 7.30 a.m. until 8.30 a.m. I had no class with the 1 Elit students today since they had a programme called 'Kem Bestari Solat' from 8.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. I chose to meet Puan Zakiah Zain, the Senior Assistant of Cocuriculm at SMK Bayan Lepas, in order to receive my cocuriculm marks for my practicum session. I've been writing and updating my blog all day. I also wrote all of the important techniques and approaches for scoring the essay format for my 1 Cemerlang and 1 Elit students. 

Cocuriculm activity.


              https://youtu.be/RR0x_MCjPG4

Form 1 activity at school.

THURSDAY, 25TH MAY 2023

This morning at school, there were no activities planned. Today I only had one class from 12.30 p.m. to 1.30 p.m. with 1 Cemerlang. I taught 1 Cemerlang student how to transfer information and fill in the spaces. All 29 of the 32 students were able to read a paragraph titled 'Tigers in Sarawak,' fill in the blanks, and transfer the information from the chapter into tables.
 

FRIDAY, 26TH MAY 2023

My sixteenth week comes to an end today. As is customary on Fridays, I have no classes to teach. I chose to modify my teaching assessment video for Miss Nabira because no reliefs were granted. Madam Michelle also gave me my evaluation results. That brings my stressful week to its conclusion. There will be no school sessions in week 17, which is the following week, due to the first term school holidays. I will see you in week 18!

Happy holidays everyone!


To conclude,

Here is my SWOT analysis,

SWOT Analysis.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WEEK 1 (6/02/2023 - 11/02/2023)

Week 20 (19/06/2023 - 23/06/2023)